These crackers are crisp, flavorful and rich. They pair well with cheese and white or red wine. Try combining them with the cheese of your choice and topping with a little sugar free and low-carb
Spiced Pumpkin Butter with Hazelnut Crackers and Manchego Cheese
or how about Blackberry-Jalapeno Jam served over warmed brie with Hazelnut Crackers.
No one will know these healthy crackers are gluten free and low carb!
- Serves: 25
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 33
- Fat: 2.6
- Carbohydrates: 1.6
- Fiber: .6
- Protein: 1.4
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 3 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce, warmed
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 dried figs, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary
- ½ tsp pink salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper or silicon mat.
- In a small bowl combine the warmed apple sauce with the flax meal stirring into a paste. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes. If you prefer you can substitute 1 egg white for the fax/apple sauce.
- Combine the nuts and seeds in a food processor, process until coarsely ground but not into nut butter. Add the figs, rosemary and salt. Process until only small bits of fig remain then add the flax mixture or egg white. Add a little more water if necessary to form a semi-sticky ball around the middle when pulsed.
- Roll dough between 2 pieces of parchment or two silicon mats into a 12x12-inch square. Then score with a pizza cutter into 25 crackers. Place only the bottom silicon mat or parchment paper with the crackers onto the sheet pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest before breaking apart.
SugarOH = 0g
FREE Pantry Checklist!
Sign up for recipes and more, and we'll send you the GF, SF, Low-Carb Pantry Checklist, FREE!