Pop-able Cranberry Yummies are not just for kids, especially if you want a healthy holiday treat! It’s like cranberry sauce that had babies. These bite sized treats are high in vitamin C and collagen for healthy skin, hair, nails and your gut. You could also turn these into a delicious parfait by finely chopping (or us a blender pulsing just a few times) and adding to whipped cream or coconut cream. Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and orange zest and you have the perfect Keto dessert.
- Serves: 34
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 9
- Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 1.7
- Fiber: 1.3
- Protein: 0.7
- 4 ½ oz fresh or frozen cranberries (about 1 ¼ cup)
- 1 cup water + 2 tbsp, divided
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 3 tbsp xylitol
- 1 pinch pure stevia (20 drops of liquid)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ⅛ tsp cloves
- 4 tbsp gelatin
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Place cranberries, 2 tbsp of water, lemon juice, orange zest, xylitol, stevia, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in a sauce pan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Cook for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally until all the cranberries pop. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small with the remaining 1 cup of water sprinkle the gelatin over the top while whisking until it does not have any additional lumps. Let it sit for 2 minutes to bloom or soften.
- Transfer the cranberry mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Once the gelatin has softened add it to the warm pan used for the cranberries and heat over very low heat while stirring until the gelatin has melted and becomes clear. Add the cranberry mixture and vanilla. Taste to adjust sweetness, if desired add additional stevia to your taste. To add additional flavor add ½ drop* each of cinnamon, clove and ginger essential oils and 3-4 drops orange essential oil. *Use a toothpick to add.
- Pour into individual 1 tbsp silicon molds or into an 8x8 inch pan lined with plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator for 2 hours to set up then remove from mold or cut into 34 pieces and store in an air tight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week but do not freeze.
SugarOH = 1.1g
FREE Pantry Checklist!
Sign up for recipes and more, and we'll send you the GF, SF, Low-Carb Pantry Checklist, FREE!